1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Transfer app that is no longer in Marketplace to new phone?

1. KerryR

KerryR Member

Hi,
    I had the original Motorola Droid and got the Droid X as a Christmas gift. There was an app called Traffic Cams by 3D Studio that was the best traffic Cam app I have found. I haven't seen any other traffic cam apps that have the traffic cams for my area (Montgomery County, MD). I have tried and returned a few due to this.

Unfortunately, this app no longer seems to be available in the Android Marketplace. I tried putting the SD card from the Droid X in the Droid, and going to settings, manage applications, and the app, but the button to move it to the SD card was grayed out.

Does anyone know of a way I could move the app from the Droid to the Droid X?

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

You can use Astro File Manager to back up the app as a .apk and the use Astro file manager on the new phone to install the .apk.

Some apps have a "private" feature that causes Astro File Manager to not work. In that case you have to be rooted and use Titanium backup.
  3. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

only way would be to root and use titanium back up.

I think if you back up with astro the apk it save only works on the same style phone(not 100% sure though)
  4. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Couldn't you back it up with MyBackup Pro? You wouldn't need root for that?
  5. KerryR

KerryR Member

Great, thanks! I will try that.
  6. jwp1223

jwp1223 Well-Known Member

AFter you get done doing that, why don't you go ahead and make a QR barcode and link the barcode ;) :)