Transfer apps from old evo to new?

Last Updated:

1. nytruckchick

nytruckchick Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I'm getting my new evo in the mail shortly (old evo suffered from screen separation issues). My question is, how do I get all my apps from my old evo to my new one? Is it stored in my gmail account?

Thanks in advance!:)

Advertisement
  2. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

get mybackup from the market and backup all your apps the gmail account only backup the apps you bought not the free ones

3. jackshakes

jackshakes Member

AppBrain works well if you just need your apps (and not a full backup).

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

App Brain will make a list of all the apps on your current phone. When you activate your new one, you can download app brain again, and it will give you that list. You can then easily re-download all the apps at once, rather than one by one. Keep in mind, this doesnt backup settings or data associated with the apps.

5. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

Like others said, you can use Appbrain.

Before I got my replacement Evo, I used the FREE App Manager by Amazing Droid to batch-backup the apps to the sd card. I then installed it on the new Evo and did a batch restore.

One other good reason to backup an app is because there are some apps that are/were free, but are later for sale only or have ads added to them. Keeping a backup copy helps in those cases also.

App manager - Android app on AppBrain

6. nytruckchick

nytruckchick Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for everything guys! I used the Free App Manager by Amazing Droid and it worked perfectly! :)