Transfer "Contacts" from old phone to Galaxy ??Support

Last Updated:

1. ILOVEMYGALAXY

ILOVEMYGALAXY Member

Hi guys.
    would any know if its possible, and if so how, to move all my contacts from my old cell phone to my Galaxy?
    Could I connect them both with Bluetooth to transfer that way?

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

Yeah, bluetooth seems to be the easiest way to transfer them.
  3. immyl

immyl New Member

i tried to sync with outlok but it kept telling me i have an incorrect version installed

in the end, i found an option on outlook that lets u export the contacts as a comma seperated file, and then you import that into kies
  4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Bluetooth is by far the easiest method. It also allows you to transfer the contact photos, which cannot be done using CSV files.
  5. Don't forget - it also depends on what OS your old phone is. WinMO? Android? iPhone? Symbian? Bada? We really don't have enough info here to make an educated response. MOST phones support VCard format for contact transfer, but we really don't know because you haven't said what phone you're transferring from.
  6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I thought bluetooth contact transfer was pretty much universal. I have transferred contacts from SE phones to Nokia phones in the past without any problems.
  7. HoneyMonster

HoneyMonster New Member

I had trouble moving my contacts from my old Tocco Lite to the Galaxy S. The old samsung pc studio wouldnt let me save the contacts to file - a bit of a waste of space really. I ended up pushing the contacts from my old phone to new via bluetooth. Just meant I had to hit accept 150 times!