Transfer Contacts via BT to Vehicle?

Last Updated:

1. mw383

mw383 Active Member This Topic's Starter

as the title says: just got new vehicle w/ BT. instead of manually entering numbers, can i do a BT transfer? the vehicle (Nissan Pathfinder) has option to "Transfer Contact" via BT, but can't seem to find option to send via Hero.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. BlueScreenOfLife

BlueScreenOfLife Active Member

To be quite honest, my experience with Bluetooth and vehicle BT connectivity alike, suffers due to the fact that I still sport a 1994 Volvo 850 that takes roughly 20 minutes to start after a cold, over-night slumber.

However, in my finite hours of research concerning this subject, I've come to find that, given our default firmware version, there is little BT support concerning this issue.

My first recommendation to you, seeing as you own a vehicle that supports this type of technology, is to navigate to this topic over on XDA: Htc Hero Bluetooth Car Kit - xda-developers

It seems, in the melee of everything else, that some have found a sort of work-around to alleviate their respective BT issues involving the Hero. As you may also read, upon the official CDMA firmware 2.1v for Sprint, most -- if not all -- of these inconveniences should be alleviated.

If your patients are running short and your desires to tinker are running amuck, you might find rooting your device and running the various OBEX supported apps. that can be found on the market -- and scattered around elsewhere on the Web -- to be compelling. Understand that this method meets every definition of, "hit-or-miss."

I hope I've shed at least a little light upon on your circumstance. This is a sector I'm very ill-experienced with as I do not have a platform to test upon. I'm confident someone will be along to correct, or add to what I've began.

Good luck :)

3. mw383

great reply, thanks much.

didn't know that 2.1 would help with this. hope it does.

thanks again

4. bradb21

bradb21 Active Member

That bluetooth profile to support contact transfer is not available in Android 1.5, but is available in 2.0. I'm looking forward to trying it with my car once we get our upgrade. I've transferred contacts to my car with other phones and it's nice to be able to dump your contact list into your car.

5. mw383

exactly: entering each contact separately all while confirming each step via BT, makes you want to cut your head off. or quit altogether. which is what i chose.

the nexus one conference confirmed 2.1 "within days for everyone". i hope this means Hero w/ Sense, too and not "first half of '10"