transfer files between HTC Desire HD and Computer wirelesslyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. billy124

billy124 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and the HTC + Android

I want to know if I can access my files on the phone wirelessly from my PC and transfer files from my PC to the phone

I dont want to install any extra software on my laptop

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. DaveDanger

DaveDanger Member

Have you considered Dropbox?

https://www.dropbox.com/android

You don't have to install software onto PC, just download via account online. However you have to select and send files to the online account first.

DD

3. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

I use EStrongs File Explorer which I downloaded free from the Android market. I connect wirelessly with my Network Attached Storage (NAS) and can transfer files over Wi-Fi very easily. Connecting to a computer is just as simple.

EStrongs

4. billy124

Hi guys

thanks for your replys

I used EStrongs already its really really good, but I need to be able to drop files onto my phone via pc

5. billy124

i think a good option would be to be able to mount the memory card of phone onto pc

6. legs74

legs74 Member

I use Filelinx. Its a small software on your PC (28 kb?). Allows to establish a share folder on PC to transfer files back and forth in your home network and anywhere else. Any file type. No size limit. Easy setup. I use it on trips out of state. Its on the Market.

7. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

this. simply awesome.

of course, for transferring large files you'd want to connect via USB for best speed, but for small files (few songs and a picture or two) this is really the fastest way.

8. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

EStrong:

Used this yesterday to copy a few episodes of Family to the phone, but I discovered, every time I turned the screen off, the transfer would pause. Does this happen to everyone, or have I turned off one too many features?

9. jonrwg

jonrwg Well-Known Member

have you tried Dropbox? Very simple to use. Just drag and drop the file into Dropbox folder and the file will be automatically transfer to your phone no matter where you are (provide that you have internet connection).

10. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Member

WOW! Ive only had my DHD for a matter of days but im continually surprised with the outstanding capabilities my new toy has lol. Dropbox is a Gods send! So quick and easy, no wires etc. There are too many apps to mention which i love but Dropbox for me is right up there with the best of them!