Transfer files via WiFi?General

1. DynahoeDave

DynahoeDave Member

Is there a way to transfer files to & from the Galaxy Player 4.2 via the WiFi connection? Preferably without special software.

Advertisement
    :
  2. glassmancheck

glassmancheck Well-Known Member

I use FX File Explorer to transfer files using WiFi with my Player 5.0. It can be done.

Can it be done without special software? Not that I know of. But the good news is FX does not cost anything at this time because it is in Beta. But it likely will cost something when it is finally released. I have had no problems with it. I would highly recommend it. It does a lot more than transfer files.

I've seen other apps that do this. I'm sure others will make there suggestions. But I have found no way to transfer files with WiFi without some 3rd party app.
  3. alljokingaside

alljokingaside New Member

to and from where? from player to player? from player to PC?

swiFTP is a free and simple program that allows your player to act as a FTP server, thus allowing your PC to connect to it if it's on the same network.

ES file manager also allows you to share files via LAN.
  4. lostvaliant

lostvaliant Member

The included Kies air app on the player does this, assuming you want player to PC (and vice versa). The instructions are pretty easy to follow, just plug in the given URL from the app into your PC's browser and use the interface.
  5. DynahoeDave

DynahoeDave Member

Mostly to move music files from PC to the SGP. Maybe arrange / delete, etc.

I'll look at the suggestions mentioned above.
  6. lostvaliant

lostvaliant Member

Yep, I do this all the time with the Kies app. It can be a little clunky/slow, but it gets the job done just fine.
  7. choke5150

choke5150 Member

can you transfer files and music between 2 android devices? id like to transfer music from my player to my phone and tablet
  8. Chris T

Chris T Active Member

Kies Air does this also. I do it from my phone to mp3 player. However, they are both samsung products, I don't think that would make a difference though. But it needs to be on both devices I believe.
  9. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

do you need to download a kies app or anything from play store? i have kies on my computer. is that the same as kies air? basically what i need to know is what i need to do to transfer files from one sgp to another wirelessly, if you could please help me thanks!
  10. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

nevermind i just downloaded kies air now and connected up my 3 devices on my network. thanks for opening up my eyes to this. this is exeactly what i have been looking for a way to transfer from device to device w/o cable and computer involved. great program
  11. Chris T

Chris T Active Member

I knew how to connect two devices, but I hadn't tried to connect to computer, thought it would be easy... Wanted to give you more detailed info on how to do it that way too - so I downloaded program and was trying to figure it out, but looks like I"m no help there.

For some reason, I can't connect either through usb or wireless on computer, keeps giving me error messages on trying to connect usb (with or without debugging selected) and wirelessly, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the app to allow me to connect. Directions aren't very clear to me I guess. Wish it was as easy as connecting devices.

Although it is easy to connect device to computer to upload. I guess just use old fashioned way and connect usb as storage to download. But then, what do I need kies air on computer for?

I'm glad you figured it out though.
  12. Chris T

Chris T Active Member

Yes you can.
  13. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

Kies air works with the computer also. Just start the app the type in thr url it gives u into your browser on the computer.