• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Transfer music from Windows 7 to Google Nexus

I have my music (mp3 files) on a folder with my pc running Windows 7. When I connect my google nexus via USB, I do get pop up window informing that device is found connected and I can see it appear as google nexus drive.

Now I need to know the step to transfer these music files to my phone

What I get is error message when I try to sync it via media player.

please help

regards,

Mukesh

You don't needs to sync it. When you plug in your phone, a window should open up asking what you would likes to do. Choose open folder to view files. Open it up and your sd card content should show. Just drag and drop your files to the Music folder and you're done. If a music folder doesn't exist, you could just create one and put it in there.

Upvote 0
I have a question that relates to this. I synced a few music files to my nexus from windows media player, but I can't seem to find them. Where did they go? They aren't in the stock music app, and doesn't show up in my storage either, but when I went to sync again (thinking something was messed up) it says the files are already synced.

Upvote 0
I have no idea where the files go when you sync them with Windows Media Player, have you tried checking the media folder? Maybe search your entire phone for files with the .mp3 extension or whatever you uploaded them as? Then once you find them, check the directory for a .nomedia file.. if there is one, delete it since that's what is keeping your files from being seen by the stock music app.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the fast response. I just connected the nexus to the computer again and looked in the music folder and they were in there as other folders, then as wma's. Then I looked at the properties and they showed a 00:00 length. I just deleted them. Apparently I can't drag them from wmp and drop it in the folder either.

Edit: By the way, I don't know why this is in "All Things Root". I searched and replied in the thread, then found out it was in this section.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones