Transfer music to sd cardGeneral

1. gsalas

gsalas New Member

I will be receiving a new phone shortly and was wondering how to transfer my music to my sd card if at all possible!....thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Welcome to the forums gsalas. If you rip your own cds or if you have your music already on your computers hard drive moving music to your computers sd card is simple. Create a folder on the card called Music then copy your music to that folder. The file structure I use is a folder called Music then folders for each artist with theire albums inside that.

I connect my phone to the pc with the usb cable then pull down the notification bar and choose usb connect. Once that's done i navigate to the sd card and do the setup i described. You can also do it wirelessly with Samsung Kies but i always use the usb cable myself.
    Atma and gsalas like this.
  3. gsalas

gsalas New Member

thank you very much!....is there any way i can save it directly to the sd card on my phone so i will be able to have it there when i get my new phone!...i Just saved all music to my computer is there any way when i get my new phone i can transfer from computer to phone....thank you
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Absolutely gsalas, you can use the USB cable that comes with your phone as I described and use your sd card while it's mounted in the phone, no card reader needed. Also you'll have about 11GB of storage available to use on your phone even without the sd card but you don't want to use to much of that; better to save it for programs and such.