• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transfer my iPhone keyboard shortcuts to android

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
Keyboard shortcuts are a standard feature on iPhones that allows you to create abbreviations for words or phrases, which then are used in either texting, in your browser, when typing on your Notepad, calendar etc. For instance, if I type in just the letters "wau" it knows to expand this to "Where are you?" because I programmed it in. Also, the letters "mtsh" become expanded automatically to the full name of my city "Mt. Shasta" complete with caps and punctuation. It's a great time saver! I do not know what Swiftkey is or have a swiftkey account. Would appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Ah, thanks. Probably not something I'd use, but I can totally see how that would be a handy feature. :)

To my knowledge, there isn't anything like that on Android, sorry.

Swiftkey is a 3rd Party Keyboard for Android and iOS: http://swiftkey.com/en/keyboard/ios/

The autocorrect is great and it learns what you type so can make pretty good predictions about what your next words are going to be. If I start a conversation with my other half, my first question is commonly centred around our daughter so if type "Hey Sweetie", Swiftkey makes the assumption that my next few words will be "how's the little madam doing" so I wouldn't need to type it. All I do is press the space key to confirm its prediction. Does that make sense?

You can link it to your facebook/email accounts so it will learn from them too (although it's not something I've done).

They have a feature called Swiftkey Cloud which syncs your predictions & dictionary across devices and platforms so you get the same predictions on multiple devices.

It's not ideal/exactly what you're looking for, but it's the closest I can think of.

How big a deal breaker is this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rf,tsmbaa,wyrbatraot - biwataf.
Really funky, that surprises me because after all, would you really be able to remember all of that - because I wouldn't and that's a fact.

Which - is just so obvious I didn't know why I had to explain it. :D

I suppose that the iPhone thing is pretty cool, but then again, they only recently got swiping and SwiftKey and Swype are still buggy over there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones