Transfer Notes from Storm to Droid??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by clemsondds, Nov 15, 2009.

1. clemsondds

clemsondds Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Can anyone help me with this? I would greatly appreciate it!

Advertisement
  2. clemsondds

clemsondds Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Thanks but I alrdeady have it transferred to outlook and now I have to transfer it to my Droid. I guess what I'm wondering is what notes program is used by Droid?

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!
    VIP Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Yewwtah!
    I dont think there is a native one , maybe I am wrong? I just use AndExplorer (found in the marketplace) and open with HTML Veiwer or QuickOffice for viewing. I am sure there has got to be a notes app in the Marketplace...

4. clemsondds

clemsondds Member

Nov 15, 2009
    there is a notepad in the marketplace and I installed it. The problem is, how do I get it to recognize outlook on my pc? anyone know?

5. Jesus

Jesus Member

Nov 7, 2009
    IT
    The Good Land
    Can't you just copy and paste the text within the notes and then email that to yourself or paste into a text file and copy into your droid after mounting?

6. clemsondds

clemsondds Member

Nov 15, 2009
    I could. but I have about 40 memos and that would take a long time to properly sort them and transfer them. There has got to be a simple way of getting memos in outlook into the droid. thanks

7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I found OI Notepad (and OI file explorer and CSV converter plug-ins) worked for this...

1. Export Outlook notes as CSV
    2. Copy to SD card on droid
    3. Run OI Notepad and import/convert the Outlook CSV file

It's a manual process, so no sync any more to/from Outlook, which I really miss...but at least w/OI Notepad you can transfer them.

You can also export from OI Notes, so you could update back to Outlook if you're so inclined...

8. clemsondds

clemsondds Member

Nov 15, 2009
    awesome thank you! That worked really well

9. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    You're welcome...I only wish there was an OTA solution. I use the Notes function in Outlook a lot, and am not happy about losing the back and forth sync I had on my BB for Notes.

If anyone finds a "real solution" I'm all ears and will pay! :)