transfer old data to new phone

Last Updated:

1. arabbadot

arabbadot New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys, Sorry I am new to this techy stuff.
    My six month old Desire has taken to switching itself off and on at random.:( I am getting a new one but how do I transfer downloaded applications from old to new phone-----( assuming I can get it to stay on long enough !!!). If I have a game with score records can this be transferred??
    I have backed up data but I don`t think the applications are transferred to the sdcard.would be grateful for your assistance.
    A

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

MyBackup Pro can back up a tonne of things, including apps + app data, without root access.

The free trial is only for 30 days though, so you need to make sure you'll get the new phone within that time.

3. arabbadot

Thanks xyro.
    I managed to download it and then my phone reverted to its on-off routine. Grrrr. will keep trying.
    A

4. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

If you had your phone set to backup to the "cloud" it will re-download your apps. My Droid has done this several times after doing a reset.

arabbadot likes this.
  5. arabbadot

I tried Mybackup a suggested but I have lost everything I wanted to keep as the program will not work on the new phone.........unless I buy the pro version....talk about being held to ransom.