Transfer phone data to SD cardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Ron McAnally

Ron McAnally New Member

On HTC Hero how do you transfer phone memory to SD card?

Advertisement
  2. Nick G

Nick G Well-Known Member

settings
    applications
    manage applications
    then, touch an application, and select 'move to SD card"

WARNING, don't move widgets to SD card, they will stop working.
    CafeKampuchia likes this.
  3. Ron McAnally

Ron McAnally New Member

Thanks, Nick but the screen does not have a selection for 'move to SD card'. Any other suggestions?
  4. Nick G

Nick G Well-Known Member

go to google play, and search 'move to sd card'. I would use 'app 2 sd', 'or advanced SD card manager'

Both are free.
  5. steeleye1965xx

steeleye1965xx New Member

The biggest problem with HTC phones is that HTC and Google have packed them with programs that you cannot "move to sd" without rooting your phone.
  6. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

This guide is for the Wildfire S running Android 2.3.4 - 2.3.5 but it may work on the Hero S as well since it has to do with core Android functionality. But as Nick said above, don't move widgets. It does not require rooting the device.

http://androidforums.com/htc-wildfire-s/469775-forcing-apps-install-sd-card-without-root.html

These also require rooting the phone. To add to this list, I like Link2SD which also requires root.

This is actually not an HTC problem but the way Android works. All apps that come with a stock ROM are placed in a folder that requires root to access (/system/apps). It's the same for Google Nexus devices, Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc. Apps installed by the user including updates to system apps are typically placed in /data/apps which does not require root to access. These may potentially be moved to the SD card. Using the procedure above, some may be moved to the SD card that couldn't be moved otherwise.
  7. mayas mayas

mayas mayas New Member

tannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkk
  8. Qaiser

Qaiser New Member

"Ron McAnally", a little bit late reply but hope you can still hear. ^^I use Android File Manager to move all that. No need to connect the PC to do it.