Transfer photos from digital camera to Note?Support

1. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

I am going to Orlando in 3 weeks and will be using my digital camera (Canon) to take photos and videos. I will be taking my iPad2 and backing them up to it using the Camera Connection Kit hopefully each evening. I would also like to back them up to my Note and then (belt and braces approach) back them up online via Dropbox, Box or Google+.

What do I need to do/buy to get them onto my Note? And can anyone recommend which of the backup websites might work best for me? Grateful fo any help as time is running out......

Advertisement
  2. Pinmac1

Oooops sorry, don't know how I posted twice. Please can a mod delete this one?
  3. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

use dropbox. Use dropbox on iPad to sync your transferred camera to the web, and download the photo from dropbox on Note instantly.

That's if you want the long route.

The short route: Get a card reader and shove the SDCard into the reader, and by the use of USB OTG adapter plug connect the reader to the Note.

The shorter route: get an microSD card that has adapter so that it can be used on your camera. Something like this so that you can instantly copy from your microSD to your Note :)
    Pinmac1 likes this.
  4. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Well-Known Member

Or you could simply connect the camera and Note via USB to a computer and use the file manager of the computer to do the copy. Assuming, the USB connection goes well (and I have never had a problem) this would be the easiest way since you don’t need to move cards anywhere.

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.
    Pinmac1 likes this.
  5. Pinmac1

Thanks for the replies, guys. I hadn't thought of using Dropbox to get the photos on to the Note once they're on the iPad. Like the look of the USB OTG cable. I had seen these but wasn't sure whether they could be used like this. Really like the idea of the micro-SD card but having already bought the 2 16GB cards I can't justify that one. Wish I'd thought of it first. Unfortunately, I won't have a computer with me, only the iPad, and can't connect to that via USB.

I think that the OTG cable is the way to go so off to try to find one. Thanks again.