transfer photos to new S4Support

1. jfolliard

jfolliard Well-Known Member

ok - my old Razr is disabled when I switched to the S4. What is the easiest way to transfer my photo albums to the S4? I guess I'd have to hard cable the Razr to a computer then maybe email them back to my S4. Not sure how to go about the cabling and copying from the Razr to the computer.

Thanks.

Jack

Advertisement
    :
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

You should be able to just copy the pictures to a folder on your computers desktop. (That you create). Then unhook the Razor, plug in the S4, drag and drop the pictures from that folder you created on your desktop, to a picture folder on the S4. You can even have both phones hooked up to the computer at the same time, if you have enough USB ports, then just drag the pictures from the Razor to the S4.
  3. jfolliard

thanks - is it as simple as plugging the phones into the usb port on the computer and it automatically opens a file listing type menu? Sorry, but I'm a bit new at this stuff.
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Yup. Although, you might have to enable file sharing on both devices from the notification bar. For the S4, pull down the notification bar and select "Media device" from the USB connection. (Make sure the phone is unlocked too.) On the Razor, not sure, since I've never owned one.
    jfolliard likes this.
  5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I THINK the Razr will show up as a drive on the computer without having to select anything from the notification area. If you have an SD card in the Razr it will actually show as two drives, one for the internal storage and one for the SD card.

The fact that you're asking this question implies that you've never backed up your pictures. If you care about whether or not you lose them you should do something to back them up. Either occasionally connect your phone to a PC and copy the pictures to the PC, or use some sort of a cloud storage that automatically backs them up for you.

Personally I use Dropbox. It has a feature where every picture taken with the phone is automatically saved to Dropbox. From there it's accessible from your PC, so your pictures are always safe, even if something happens to your phone.
    I'm not saying Dropbox is the best, I'm sure there are many other apps/services that do this as well - it's just what I happen to be using.
    dustwun77 and jfolliard like this.
  6. jfolliard

thanks! You're right I haven't been backing them up but I've now set up dropbox to do it automatically. I figured out a simple way to transfer them to my new phone. the old phone still works on home wifi so I simply emailed them to myself from the old phone!

Jack
    dustwun77 likes this.