Transfer Photos to PC with Windows XP

1. Bimmerphile

Bimmerphile Member

Any tips on how to do this? I heard some rumor a while ago that plugging the Captivate into a computer could wipe out some of your data.

Just want to to get some input on how to go about it.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

ive never had anything wiped when i did it. you can use photobucket though and upload them all to the site then save them to your computer, ive done that a time or 2 but if you have alot it would take literally forever.

i wouldnt worry about plugging it in too much, i do it all the time
  3. I just use ES File Explorer and WIFI. Works great, no wires (although plugging in works fine also, I use the wire to sync music with Win Media Player).

Bob
  4. Bimmerphile

Bimmerphile Member

Thanks for the info, it's good to know I can do it wirelessly. But I don't mind plugging it in, I was just wondering more along the lines of what I have to do to the phone/computer to export the photos once it's plugged in.
  5. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Once you've got the phone mounted, it'll show up just like any USB drive, you just navigate to the DCIM folder on the phone (via Winders
  6. Bimmerphile

Bimmerphile Member

Thank you
  7. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

8. kcdk99

kcdk99 New Member

9. NatesMom

NatesMom Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's trying to use Kies software, which I believe was the default setting.

Go to Settings > applications > USB settings. I have mine set to "Ask on Connection".

From there, you can either move your media files using an installed 'Media Player' or 'Mass Storage' which allows you to see your SD card contents in XP File Manager/Explorer and copy files accordingly like any mounted drive.