Transfer, send Ringtones/text messages

1. cervri

cervri New Member

Hello, my name is chuck and I have just order a Motorola Bionic, (First Smart Phone) Looking to learn what I can and cannot do. Also have a Question.

I now have a Verizon Convoy and have ordered a Motorola Bionic. I am wondering if there is a way to move/transfer my Ringtones and text messages to the new phone. Both phones are stock.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums, Chuck.

Ringtones are easy as they are simply audio files. Locate the files on your current phone and move them to the new one. If they are spread out over several folders, then i'd recommend creating a folder structure on your sdcard media/audio/ringtones and put your files there. That way, when the card is mounted, Android will make them available as custom ringtones.

The SMS messages are a little trickier. When you are ready to move to the new phone, you 'll need to install an app like SMS Backup + for Android | AppBrain.com on both phones (there are plenty of others, so check out which would be best for you). Then you back up the old phone, move the file to the new phone and restore it there.

Enjoy!
  3. cervri

cervri New Member

Thank you for the info, I tried to move Ringtone from Convoy to SD card but it was a no go. Also I do not think that any of the backup apps will work on the convoy. (not smart phone).
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

My bad, I assumed you could get the files off the Convoy. I know that on Samsung feature phones they had sync'ing software but if memory serves, the cable and the software was an extra purchase. If you don't already have it and you are getting rid of the phone, I'd say it wasn't worth the cost, just for ringtones and text messages.
  5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to the AndroidForums, Chuck.

Here's a link to the Bionic's home forum in case you haven't yet found it:

Motorola Droid Bionic - Android Forums

Its an awesome phone--I'm sure you'll be pleased with it once it arrives.

Cheers and glad you signed-up with us here at AF.