• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transfer SMS from iPhone to Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMister

Nov 15, 2010
Ok I have an iPhone 4, and am now (upgrading :)) to a HTC Sensation XE.

So, I use a Mac (but have Boot Camp with Windows XP on), and use iTunes for my iPhone backup.

I have managed to get my contacts into Gmail, but I now need my SMS messages.

Is there any way to transfer from my iPhone to my XE?

Please give easy steps, my iPhone isn't Jailbroken, any programs (free) from Mac or PC I will try

cheers

Ok I have an iPhone 4, and am now (upgrading :)) to a HTC Sensation XE.

So, I use a Mac (but have Boot Camp with Windows XP on), and use iTunes for my iPhone backup.

I have managed to get my contacts into Gmail, but I now need my SMS messages.

Is there any way to transfer from my iPhone to my XE?

Please give easy steps, my iPhone isn't Jailbroken, any programs (free) from Mac or PC I will try

cheers

Hmm.. that's an interesting question. Is there any reason you need to keep these SMS messages?

Otherwise, this looks like it might do the trick.

Import/Export/Move/Transfer SMS Messages from iPhone to Android - Android Stuff

Upvote 0
No real reason I suppose, but I know what will happen if I don't!

Thanks for link, wow that looks complicated!?!?

I've got my photos, contacts, so all I can think of now is my SMS, pity theres no easy way. I noticed on the Android there is a backup/restore for SMS, wonder if I could make a backup, then somehow piggy back on that?

Upvote 0
No real reason I suppose, but I know what will happen if I don't!

Thanks for link, wow that looks complicated!?!?

I've got my photos, contacts, so all I can think of now is my SMS, pity theres no easy way. I noticed on the Android there is a backup/restore for SMS, wonder if I could make a backup, then somehow piggy back on that?

Doubtful. They are built on two different OS'es but hey, anything is possible.

Upvote 0
want the absolute easiest method? go into your local cell phone store and have them transfer it with a cellebrite machine. Takes about 5 minutes. some places may charge you $10 bucks, but this isn't a carrier-mandated fee. In other words, if you go in the store and be cool with the rep, maybe buy a couple accessories, he/she most likely won't charge you! ;)

Upvote 0
want the absolute easiest method? go into your local cell phone store and have them transfer it with a cellebrite machine. Takes about 5 minutes. some places may charge you $10 bucks, but this isn't a carrier-mandated fee. In other words, if you go in the store and be cool with the rep, maybe buy a couple accessories, he/she most likely won't charge you! ;)

Hmm they can do that with the Cellebrites? That's interesting.. and kind of scary since law enforcement is carrying them now:mad:

Upvote 0
If you use iMessage, your messages are stuck in your iDevices forever.

The only exception is Sprint users in the U.S. who have their mobile number integrated with Google Voice and have iMessage turned off on their iPhones. They can take their SMS history to whatever device they want, since it's all stored in the cloud.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones