Transfer SMS from iPhone to AndroidSupport

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. MrMister

MrMister Well-Known Member

Ok I have an iPhone 4, and am now (upgrading :)) to a HTC Sensation XE.

So, I use a Mac (but have Boot Camp with Windows XP on), and use iTunes for my iPhone backup.

I have managed to get my contacts into Gmail, but I now need my SMS messages.

Is there any way to transfer from my iPhone to my XE?

Please give easy steps, my iPhone isn't Jailbroken, any programs (free) from Mac or PC I will try

2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Hmm.. that's an interesting question. Is there any reason you need to keep these SMS messages?

Otherwise, this looks like it might do the trick.

Import/Export/Move/Transfer SMS Messages from iPhone to Android - Android Stuff
  3. MrMister

No real reason I suppose, but I know what will happen if I don't!

Thanks for link, wow that looks complicated!?!?

I've got my photos, contacts, so all I can think of now is my SMS, pity theres no easy way. I noticed on the Android there is a backup/restore for SMS, wonder if I could make a backup, then somehow piggy back on that?
  4. IOWA

Doubtful. They are built on two different OS'es but hey, anything is possible.
  5. Greenish2011

Greenish2011 Active Member

i'd like to hear about this as well.
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

If there is a way to export iPhone SMS to xml files, you can probably restore that file to your Android via SMS Backup and Restore app.
  7. MrMister

I think I seen in some googling you could get into an XmL file. But I've heard that SMS program is not free, only for 1st few messages or something?
  8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

"SMS Backup and Restore" is free as far as I know.
  9. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

want the absolute easiest method? go into your local cell phone store and have them transfer it with a cellebrite machine. Takes about 5 minutes. some places may charge you $10 bucks, but this isn't a carrier-mandated fee. In other words, if you go in the store and be cool with the rep, maybe buy a couple accessories, he/she most likely won't charge you! ;)
  10. IOWA

Hmm they can do that with the Cellebrites? That's interesting.. and kind of scary since law enforcement is carrying them now:mad:
  11. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

yea we can get contacts, pics, videos, SMS, ringtones, and audio files. Some of the older phones only have an option for contacts and pics though, so it kind of depends on the phone.
  12. IOWA

Interesting. Ill keep that in mind when i "retire" and open a cell phone shop! (Lol.. if i win the lotto first...)
  13. thedosbox

thedosbox Guest

HTC phones come with a "Transfer" app that will handle transfer of contacts and SMS from your old phone over bluetooth. No need to use a third-party app or pay someone to do it.
  14. Eisra

Eisra Member

iTunes can copy the messages from your iPhone.
  15. acantonyclark1

acantonyclark1 New Member

i tried with itunes but no use...
  16. acantonyclark1

any more suggestion... easy and reliable
  17. acantonyclark1

there should be some apps that can interact between them and transfer contacts
  18. Knocks

Knocks Active Member

If you use iMessage, your messages are stuck in your iDevices forever.

The only exception is Sprint users in the U.S. who have their mobile number integrated with Google Voice and have iMessage turned off on their iPhones. They can take their SMS history to whatever device they want, since it's all stored in the cloud.
  19. Caleb L

Caleb L Active Member

sounds good
  20. angelofrancis

angelofrancis New Member

After searched via Google, I found this article shows how to copy messages from android to iPhone in a real way. The messages will go into iPhone messaging app and merged with the current messages. This is more better than just sending messages to iPhone as a text file.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.