Transfer video from phone to PC

1. bec4757

bec4757 Active Member

I have a video on my phone and want to transfer it to the PC to send to other people. The file is to big to email from the phone. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Ian_C

Ian_C Active Member

Can you not just mount the phone in the normal way and then drag-n-drop it onto your PC?
  3. bec4757

bec4757 Active Member

When I mount the phone, I cannot find the videos? Any suggestions?
  4. cbarth3

cbarth3 Well-Known Member

Once you mount the phone go to your my computer and go here

(what ever drive letter your phone is:\dcim\100MEDIA

This is where it shows my pictures and video that have been taken from the phone
  5. Ian_C

Ian_C Active Member

Yep,. thats where I see them too...
  6. cleoannie

cleoannie Guest

To transfer video from phone to PC:
    1. First, plug your phone into the computer using the micro-USB port.
    2. At that point you should get a USB notification. Drag your notification bar down, tap the USB connection and choose USB Mass Storage.
    3. You should see the SD card of your phone show up on the computer as a USB Drive.
    Open the drive on the computer and navigate to the DCIM folder. Somewhere in there you should find your video files, probably with the extension .3gp
    4. They may be under a different folder. Search around.
    5. Drag and drop them into the folder of your choice on the computer.
    When you are done be sure to properly eject the USB drive from your computer before disconnecting the phone. If you want the phone to automatically mount the SD card each time leave it in USB Mass Storage. If not change it to whatever you normally have it in. I leave it in Charge Only.