Transfering data from OLD to NEW DroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. via

via New Member This Topic's Starter

So, I received a replacement Moto Droid and I want to know if there's a way to transfer all my settings and apps to the replacement Droid from my old Droid.

To explain this in a simpiler matter - can this be done so I don't have to download all my previous apps, have my background the same, and home screen the same, as if my phone had never been changed?

Advertisement
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

The closest you are going to get is with Titanium backup. It's not exactly what you want, but really close.

3. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

if you are rooted, you can simply do a nandroid backup on your old phone, root your replacement, swap your sd card and restore from that backup. EVERY thing will be just the same.

4. via

via New Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible you can give me more details on creating/restoring the backup? I am indeed rooted. I'm also having some trouble retrieving my contacts from my google account. When I add that account and enable it to sync the contacts from that account it's not showing any. I'd rather it show my contacts through my google account rather than importing it through a file. It doesn't seem like my contacts are even stored in my account.

5. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

well, as far as creating and restoring a backup, i use clockworkmod and rom manager. real easy to create a backup. goto rom manager>Backup Current ROM. name it as you wish. after thats all through. get your replacement up and going and rooted with rom manager installed. put you original SD card in the new phone. Goto Rom Manager>Manage and Restore Backups. chose the backup you just created from your original droid and let it restore.

Not sure what all ya got going on. is it not syncing on your original phone? or your replacement?