Transfering HD Videos from my fascinate to pc?Support

Last Updated:

1. Dunkeroo

Dunkeroo Active Member This Topic's Starter

When i connect my fascinate to my pc via USB i can view all the files on my sd card, transfer back and forth, but the videos i've recorded are in mp4 format and my pc only plays them back as audio. Anyone have any idea how i can ciew on my pc? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Wow thats different; all my mp4 stuff plays just fine. You just using the stock video player for playback? Do the videos play OK on your PC just fine? Also are these like DVD's you converted? Im just trying to figure this out; all additional info is helpful

3. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Had the same issue this week but someone posted on my thread to use VLC player and it worked. Not the best video quality but it worked.

4. Dunkeroo

I'm trying to view the hd videos I recorded with my fascinate on my pc. All I get is audio in an mp4 format.

I will try the vlc player. So what good is recording hd videos if wecan't play them back in hd quality?

Can these mp4s be uploaded to youtube or do the files need to be converted?

5. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

All I know is that Youtube supports mp4. So it may be as simple as just clicking on the upload icon on youtube.

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

My bad I misunderstood you there. Yeah I just tried this out myself. I took a short 3 second video from my SF camera and uploaded to you tube via the stock app. It went fine. No conversion needed. However, note that the camera seems to record stuff as 3GPP but you can upload that straight to youtube and it plays ok enough

So having discovered that Im wondering how you got them into mp4 format. Did you convert the vids you shot with your camera. I cannot find in settings an option to record as mp4 on the camera/camcorder. Perhaps it was your converter that borked your vids?

7. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

I got mine as mp4 but it could be the resolution setting which I have set to 1280x720.

8. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Saps, looks like you have it set to record to mms limits

saps likes this.
  9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Weird. I just took another one and this one was mp4. Both at 1280x720 one 3gpp and one mp4. Odd

10. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yes thats it. Time limit is 3gpp and unlimited is mp4.

11. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Funny how we still learning on this phone everyday almost.

12. saps

saps Well-Known Member

So true. I also never use the camera. I mean I bought it launch day Sept 9. So what 40+ days ago and I have taken only 15 pics with it.:( I suppose I like my Panasonic camera better, which I do

13. ihave5

ihave5 Member

I am having a similar problem. I used dropbox to get the video I took to my computer, but my pc is only playing back audio, not video. This is about a minute worth of HD quality video. How do I get it to youtube? It's too large to send, I don't have wifi, and can't figure out how to play it on my pc so I am not sure that I should try uploading to youtube and just hoping for the best.

14. Dunkeroo

has anyone had any solution on this yet? still have had no luck playing back videos on pc which were recorded and transfered from my phone. seems like a pretty simple task yet....?