• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transfering large files limited

motrellik

Lurker
Jul 9, 2010
Hi guys,

I’m new to the forum and also new to the Galaxy S (just recently purchased one). This is a great forum and have been reading and researching all the facts and features about the phone. I understand that the video container Matroska (MKV) is a playable format for the SGS, however, I have a very large 1080p MKV movie (approx. 6GB) which I would like to test on the phone (my understanding is this hasn’t been done yet, nor has it been streamed to a high definition television using the TV out feature). The phone’s internal storage as you may know is formatted to FAT32 which is only capable of transferring up to 4GB of data at once. The way I see it, is there is only one option other than formatting the hard drive to NTFS which I have tested and does not work, and that would be to split the file into multiple videos to distribute the bulk of the data. Does anyone have any ideas or opinions on the matter that may help?

Regards,

Tom

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones