• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help transfering mp3 to moto droid using ftpserver

ive been looking for days and cant figure it out. i can connect my phone to my computer using ftpserver, i can see and modify files on my phone but when i add my mp3's they dont show up in my music folder. i already had 2 songs on my card when i bought the phone that play now, when i add my music i add them to the same folder as my other two songs but when i try to play them from the phone theres nothing there. if i go to my music folder using estrongs (which i cannot get to work even after several hours working with the dev. team there) i see and can play the songs off my phone but they do not show up in my music player (stock app) i also tried using the tether but that didnt work either. same thing they transfer to the phone but dont show up in my music player.

Try placing the files into sdcard\Media\Audio\MP3 .. I have never had a problem not seeing any MP3s I've put in this location. That is where the phone looks for all ringtones, so I figured it was the best place for my music.

If that doesn't work either, your phone might not be rescanning the sdcard. Have you mounted over usb and disabled it so it scanned? I know there's an app out to force a rescan without all the extra steps, but I can't remember the name of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones