Transfering Music / Media problems

Last Updated:

1. Mikesnap

Mikesnap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i've searched around can't find anyone with my problem atleast not yet. I went to transfer some music onto my evo today and for some reason it isn't working. I already have music on it that i transfered from my computer. I plug it in via USB open up the SD card Folder and then the music folder which is showing all my other music. I then dragged in what i wanted into the folder and its showing there.

Now here comes my problem. After moving the music i want into the music folder i unmount my phone. It shows the SD card prepping in the top left corner then i open my music player and my new stuff isn't there. I remount my phone and open the music folder and the files i just put in there aren't there either....

I can't figure out what is going on now... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh one thing i did notice while looking through settings and what not, i noticed when i go to the music folders properties it's showing as read only...im guessing this could be the reason but if i turn it off read only and close the property tab and then reopen it its back on read only. I'm at a total loss at what to do.

Advertisement
  2. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

your SD card might be defective. try a different one and see how that works

3. emocide

emocide Member

happens to me every once and a while. Just restart your phone and it should work, or at least that works in my case

4. dasbone

dasbone Member

that has never happened to me...but on the stock media player it sometimes doesn't show all the album art. its replaced by a musical note. when I open Kiss Media Player, the missing artwork shows there. then if i open the stock player, its magically there now. so i have the Kiss just to make sure all the artwork shows in the stock player as i don't know what else to do

5. Mikesnap

Mikesnap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i dunno what to try other then whipe the SD Card which would suck or try and get another from sprint...

6. donjazzy

donjazzy Member

you can restart your phone, that could help, I have always had similar problems on my HTC desire, but then, you can alternatively use doubletwist as your media player/music transfer program. there is an interesting post here about it copy itunes music to android phone - DroidOverflow