• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

transfering paid apps to atrix

I would think the easiest way would be to restore your apps on your new phone with Titanium Backup (paid version so it's a one click process). Otherwise apps that you download via the market as paid should be remembered by the market, and anything else you should locate the file containing your key(these are usually emailed to you by the dev when you pay to unlock a trial version) and back them up so you have them ready after reinstalling.

Upvote 0
Titanium Backup is a root only solution so it will do no good until the Atrix is rooted.

Yeah, if you're going from a rooted phone to a non-rooted phone, you're doing to have to re-install via the market/app brain.

Also, Android does backup some [all?] settings to Google (and obviously your contacts/calendar/Gmail can be sync'ed to Google, so those get pushed right back down).

I haven't really explored the Google option, though I'll probably read up since I'll be going rooted-to-non-rooted myself :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, if you're going from a rooted phone to a non-rooted phone, you're doing to have to re-install via the market/app brain.

Also, Android does backup some [all?] settings to Google (and obviously your contacts/calendar/Gmail can be sync'ed to Google, so those get pushed right back down).

I haven't really explored the Google option, though I'll probably read up since I'll be going rooted-to-non-rooted myself :)

From my experience the Google option is hit and miss, after logging in to your account on the phone it is supposed to automatically install your downloaded apps you had installed previously. It does this sometimes and sometimes not. Going to a different phone I always like to set it up from scratch.

Upvote 0
From my experience the Google option is hit and miss, after logging in to your account on the phone it is supposed to automatically install your downloaded apps you had installed previously. It does this sometimes and sometimes not. Going to a different phone I always like to set it up from scratch.

Actually, it is not supposed to download your apps. It only downloads your contacts/emails/calendar as checked in the settings. It does however, download the history of downloaded apps and makes it easy to re download them from the market

Upvote 0
Actually, it is not supposed to download your apps. It only downloads your contacts/emails/calendar as checked in the settings. It does however, download the history of downloaded apps and makes it easy to re download them from the market

No I have had it download all my apps on my Droid several times after a factory reset or after flashing a new ROM. If it was supposed to or not is a different question. Maybe this was changed but I remember several people reporting the same thing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones