• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring app data HELP

I recently upgraded my Motrola Atrix to a Samsung Galaxy S4, but the problem is that i cant transfer my app saves onto my new phone. I've tried many things, but i cant get it to work. I am not going to root my phone and i can't install helium because i can't find it on google play on my old phone. (the app i'd like transfer is terraria)

You could try enabling USB debugging on the phone, setting up ADB on your computer and using "adb backup", then see whether you can restore that app's data to the new phone. There's some information here about using this which might help.

If you can't find Helium via the Atrix that suggests that the software is too old. But you could try logging into play.google.com via a browser and see whether you can push it to the Atrix from there.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, without root I don't think you'll have much luck. The data for Terraria is stored in data/data which is a system folder that generally can't be accessed without root.

You could try to use adb to pull the folder that your data is stored in, but I have a feeling it will be protected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones