Transferring Apps and Settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vzwsec, Nov 10, 2009.

1. vzwsec

vzwsec New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Is there any way to transfer everything (apps, settings etc...) from one Droid to another, like the switch device option on the Blackberry Desktop Manager? I just spent 4 hrs customizing my phone just to find a dead pixel on the screen and need to have it swapped out. Don't want to go through it all over again.

Advertisement
  2. silverhack

silverhack Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Programmer
    Sacramento, CA
    bump.

This is definitely something that is needed for Android phones. I'm not aware of any way to do this (except with a Nandroid backup - but that's not available on the Droid yet).

3. bluepoint13

bluepoint13 New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    N.J.
    I went to exchange my phone today and when i walked out i noticed all my apps contacts and theme settings were the same on the new phone.So i went back inside and told them you gave me my old phone back they said it gets synced threw my gmail account but i still didnt believe them so i called tech and they said yes its true. Can this be right :thinking:

4. thetick32

thetick32 New Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Android newbie here--has there been any follow-up on this? CAN apps be transferred between Android phones (such as from the Droid to the Eris)? Thanks in advance!