• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring Apps Between Phones?

The application "bump" just added app transfer but I don't know if it will transfer paid apps.

I haven't tried that feature yet, but I'm pretty sure that you can't share apk files. It probably just links to where it is in the market so the other person doesn't have to go searching for it. So if its a paid app then the person receiving tge link would still have to pay for it.

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Well I know Apple apps can transfer across devices tied to the same account, and was just wondering if Android apps could do the same. It's totally fine if they can't, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm ok with paying for a great app many times over. I was just wondering if Android had some app transfer infrastructure in place. But it sounds like it does not.

But also, yes, I only buy one copy of office, and spread it amongst my computers.

Upvote 0
So, across my family, we own three Android phones on Verizon. If I buy an app on my phone, is there a way for the other members of my family to get the app without us having to repay for it?

You could attempt to sign onto the other phones with your gmail account, and install the app from the market that way... just a thought. But if its only like a .99 cent app, why not just buy it for each phone? Devs need the $$

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones