transferring apps to droid xSupport

Last Updated:

1. bry14661

bry14661 New Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i have seen some app transferring threads but my issue is a little different. I have my droid x already on my line and activated, my droid is just sitting on a shelf. I want some of he apps from the droid onto my droid x. These apps i want are no longer on the market though or now have restrictions on them like shazam and music junk. How can i transfer the actual app?

Advertisement
  2. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

My Backup Pro by Rerware makes a physical copy of all the apk's and puts them on your sdcard. I use it to hold onto an old version of Beautiful Widgets before HTC sent the cease and desist. Works great.

3. bry14661

bry14661 New Member This Topic's Starter

cool but how do i do that with my old droid that has no service

4. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you're stuck at the activation screen?

I've heard this works but haven't tried myself. At the activation screen, touch the top left corner, then the top right, then the bottom right, then the bottom left. Then you can use wifi to access the market and download My Backup. If that doesn't work just do a google search for "bypass Droid activation" or something like that.

5. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

it'd be annoying but you could reactivate your droid, do the backup, reactivate the droid x, install apps.