Transferring apps to the SD card without root?

Last Updated:

1. Herotech

Herotech Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible? I'm going to take my phone in for exchange and I don't want to have to redownload all of the apps the I have again.

Advertisement
  2. ragnarokx

ragnarokx Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of one, and if there is one it's probably limited in its capabilities. There are one-click root and one-click unroot methods out, why not do that and use something like Titanium Backup? It's a painless procedure.

3. droid26

droid26 Well-Known Member

I have done the one click root and backed up my apps with titanium. I can vouch for that.

4. bbong73

bbong73 Member

Use Astro File Manager from the market and you can backup all your apps to the SD card and with Astro again reload them.

5. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

I didn't know that. cool. You can also use My Backup which is free and it will also backup your app to SD even your system settings. So whatever you moved around or added in Sense it will restore it as well. The only draw back is when you restore, My Backup will have to unzip it which takes forever it seems. And then when you restore apps, it gives you a prompt to install it 1 at a time and there's no 1 touch restore all.

6. MILcityBOI

MILcityBOI Well-Known Member

MyBackup is free for only 30 days, then you'd have to pay for the regular version so if you only wanted to use it the one time then you are good. AppMonster is one that'll do the same that is free.

7. SinR1

SinR1 Member

anyone know what directory the apps you download are in to transfer them to the SD?