• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring contacts from blackberry to android!

It's been a few years since I had my Storm. I believe there was a way to go into the contacts there and export the contacts as a CSV file. This file will contain all your contact information. It should save to the SD card. You will need a PC with a card reader. If you do not have one you can email yourself the CSV file and save the file to your PC. Then, go to a PC and log into your GMail account using the same email and password you used for your phone. Once in there you can import the CSV file into your GMail account. Then on your Android phone go into Accounts, choose your Google account, and make sure Sync Contacts is checked. The next time your phone syncs the contacts all the information you imported will show up on your phone. This is how I did it when I transferred from BlackBerry to Android.

Upvote 0
It's been a few years since I had my Storm. I believe there was a way to go into the contacts there and export the contacts as a CSV file. This file will contain all your contact information. It should save to the SD card. You will need a PC with a card reader. If you do not have one you can email yourself the CSV file and save the file to your PC. Then, go to a PC and log into your GMail account using the same email and password you used for your phone. Once in there you can import the CSV file into your GMail account. Then on your Android phone go into Accounts, choose your Google account, and make sure Sync Contacts is checked. The next time your phone syncs the contacts all the information you imported will show up on your phone. This is how I did it when I transferred from BlackBerry to Android.

Well explained! Thanks a lot! :)

Upvote 0
Moving from BlackBerry to Android is an easy process, too.
1. Open Google Sync on your BlackBerry.
2. Choose “Sync Now” to make sure the most current contact information is added to your Google account.
3. Open the “Accounts & Sync” app on your Android phone from the gear icon.
4. Touch “Google.” Touch to add a checkmark to “Sync Contacts.”
5. Touch “Sync Now” to sync.
6. Open your contacts app. Touch the arrow next to “Phonebook” to open the drop down menu. Make sure “Google” is checked. You will now see all your synced contacts.
Follow this guide if you want to know more.
How to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to Android

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones