Transferring contacts from Non-Verizon phone to Droid

Last Updated:

1. big balla

big balla Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Nokia dumbphone I been using for the longest time from T-Mobile but I made the switch to get on big red and use the droid. So far so good. Any ideas how to transfer the contacts from a GSM phone onto the droid?

Advertisement
  2. ursine1

ursine1 Member

3. murky024

murky024 Member

You may be able to go to Verizon and have them hook into the phone and pull the contacts.

4. xxsk8rxx123xx

xxsk8rxx123xx New Member

If you haven't already transfered them, try bluetooth transfer. as long and the t-mo phone has bluetooth.

5. big balla

big balla Member This Topic's Starter

The phone has bluetooth but how would you go about doing that? Is there any file I should look for?

6. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

You'll probably have to transfer them one at a time that way. Should be a menu item in the address book of the old phone. We've had to transfer contacts from old dumb phones to smart phones here at work. After a couple times of trying to track down cables and software we just tell people to start over. It's just not worth the hassle.

7. xxsk8rxx123xx

xxsk8rxx123xx New Member

you will have to link both phones via bluetooth and then probably either go to the contact list and hit option then send via bluetooth or something like that. or you can go to the bluetooth settings menu and find on the nokia where it is paired and find send vcard(meaning contacts) and send them to the Droid.

8. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

there is a service called wireless backup for sprint go to their website then choose to export your address book online then choose the format csv then click export. then import to droid via gmail. if you want to update your non smartphone for verizon you can use backup assistant app and upload to their website and it'll update for you!

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

The export to .CSV and import to Google sounds about your best option.

That is what I did from my Samsung Alias (even though it was a VZW phone) and it worked wonderfully....

I used a utility called BitPIM to get the info from my Alias to my computer in the first place - free, Open-source - see Welcome to BitPim

10. CodaMan

CodaMan Member

Just use the VZW Backup Assistant on line (free). Then export to a .csv file. Once you have it in .csv you can import it into your gmail contacts to be synced with your Android contacts. Very simple.

11. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Can you use VZW online backup on a non VZW phone?

12. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

13. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Use BitPim if you have a brew phone..export your contacts to CSV then upload that to google for syncing to your account. Or easier..just ask a verizon rep to do it.

14. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I would try Google Sync Services if you have an S60 phone but the dumbphones are usually s40. I don't really see anything that you don't have to pay for. Which wouldn't be worth it IMO

instructions