1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Transferring contacts from old 3G to new 4G

1. mikec82

mikec82 Member

I just got a Galaxy S II Skyrocket 4G to replace my old Captivate 3G. The guy at the store set the new one up, complete with new 4G SIM card, and it's working great. If I insert the SIM card from the Captivate (3G) into the new 4G phone, it doesn't recognize it. Well, I'm basing that on going to Contacts, Settings, then Import/Export. Only thing I can do from their is export a namecard. What is a good way (any way!) to transfer my old contacts to the 4G Skyrocket phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Pepe7698

Pepe7698 Well-Known Member

If you are using an sd card you can export the contacts to the card, switch the card to your new phone and then import them. If you have everything saved to your Google contacts, you can sync the old phone, then sync the new phone and it will populate your contacts. I tend to lean toward the sd card option; I just find it easier for me.
  3. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

you can't insert your 3G SIM card into a 4G phone. You need a new SIM card for it to work. The skyrocket will not recognize the captivate SIM.

What you probably should do is import your contacts into gmail so you dont need to worry about transferring them over.
  4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

+1 for using Gmail to sync contacts. It's what us CDMA guys do to transfer contacts from Android to Android :) Just sync contacts from the Captivate to Google and sync from Google to the Skyrocket, done.