Transferring contacts to normal phone?

1. Saltedpeanut

Saltedpeanut Active Member

Is there an easy way to transfer all my contacts from my Incredible to my LG chocolate?

Advertisement
  2. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY Well-Known Member

Backup assistant won't work because you're not restoring to the same phone. You can go to a Verizon store and have them stransfer the contacts for free. You can also use a number of applications that will transfer them for you, but you need the usb cables for each phone. Here is one such app - Susteen DataPilot $29.95: http://www.datapilot.com/productdetail/20/producthl/Notempty

Anyone else have ideas?
  3. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

I've used vzw BA on diff phones, lg dare to htc inc.
    with over a yr break when i had winmo omnia , the contacts were still in BA

the choc should support BA, all you need is the free vzw account, then BA is free also

*ahhh.. i misread both phones are active , I have never tried to use BA on 2 diff active phones
  4. waynester

Even with passcode you get some type of error?
  5. Saltedpeanut

Only the Incredible is active right now. I actually have BA, but only a few contacts are backed up on it. I'm trying to figure out if BA supports the Incredible or if there's another way of doing it.

I'm trying not to take my Incredible to the beach in fear of ruining it.
  6. waynester

Yes the incredible does support BA
  7. waynester

mmm...matter of fact when you activated your inc, you should have had the option of adding your contacts from BA
  8. waynester

menu>settings>accounts & sync> back up assit
  9. waynester

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you also can add single contacts or import with BA online
  10. Saltedpeanut

I completely missed that. Thanks a lot for the help

edit: When i use BA to sync, only contacts saved in BA are loaded onto the phone. I don't see an option to back up the contacts in the phone onto BA.
  11. Saltedpeanut

12. waynester

Sorry for the delay, work nights , up late sleep in.
    Anywho, seems like if you add a contact to phone on next sync it adds it to BA.
    So why not try adding a contact, sync and check online to see if it worked like you want?

menu>settings>accounts & sync>BA>sync now thats if you do not schedule or have it turned off
  13. ubet

ubet Well-Known Member

Just Bluetooth them over, quik sleazy and doesn't cost money or take much time. I did it to transfer all info from bb pearl flip to this inc also back b forth from my fiances scoop