1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

transferring contactsSupport

1. amit84

amit84 Member

Is their an easy way to transfer contacts to the new evo 4g when i get it next week. I am comming from a blackberry curve 8330

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Not really.... I think at the Sprint stores they got a machine that will transfer it all, but I don't know that it works on anything except dumb phones. I know they transferred all my contacts from my old i850 when I got my Moment at first, but after getting them all in my phone, the google account just remembers them all .
  3. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Easiest way is to export your contacts and import them into a Google Mail account.

Google has a few Help pages that'll guide you through this.
  4. amit84

amit84 Member

okay, so if i add my contacts into gmail, when i get my evo, and register that with my device, ill be able to transfer them?
  5. h2_hummer

h2_hummer Active Member

Yes, this is what I did. Imported my Blackberry contacts to gmail, then synced Gmail account with EVO. Bingo, all my contacts were now in my Evo.

C
  6. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

Google Sync for your phone

That's why I used to upload my BB contacts to Gmail. I assume it'll be painfree transferring it to the EVO on Friday (which feels like it'll never get here).
  7. NYR99

NYR99 Member

I'm coming from an iPhone. All my contacts are on my iMac. Can I easily transfer the contacts from my iMac to my Evo?
  8. SniperDroid

SniperDroid Well-Known Member

What about the switch device function in BB Desktop Manager? Does that only work for BB devices?
  9. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

10. leastbay

leastbay Well-Known Member

google sync is all you need, easy as pie. Just google it on your blackberry download it and youre good to go. When you log onto gmail with the evo it will be set up within a minute or so.
  11. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

i have a google account, but i realy dont use it. i use microsoft outlook for all my email. but i can still just send my contacts to gmail right?
  12. leastbay

leastbay Well-Known Member

you will log into the sync app with your google email address and password, it will then sync your contacts to your gmail
  13. nykohlus

nykohlus New Member

i just connected my blackberry and evo via bluetooth and transferred my entire address book... only problem i found were with those that were connected to facebook mobile in my address book... i had put phone numbers back in for them
  14. boliviano3

boliviano3 Well-Known Member

15. maximus96

maximus96 Well-Known Member

I understand I can transfer my iphone contacts to my gmail account then transfer to my EVO. My questions is, gmail automatically creates a contact for every since person I ever emailed like random craigslist buyers, etc. I do not want any of these people in my phone (it would be too messy to go through or sort). Is there a way to just duplicate my contact from the iphone to the evo, without adding anything else from my gmail contacts?[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  16. foedubhustla

foedubhustla New Member

So I tried to Pair my BB 8330 and my Evo but it says paired but not connected.:mad: