• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey guys, I have a Tab 4 with a 64gb MicroSD card in it, for some reason I'm unable to transfer files to it the normal way via USB. Within about 30 seconds of starting a transfer I get a message stating that the Device has stopped responding and or has disconnected, I've tried numerous USB ports, tried different cables and checked all of the power settings to no avail. Right now I'm stuck popping the Micro SD card out of the tablet, sticking it in the adapter and plugging said adapter into my laptop, transferring files then putting it back into the tablet, so it's a bit of a pain in the butt. So I was wondering if there's a good free app that would let me transfer files directly to the tablet via WiFi, I took a look at AirDroid and Logmein, but you need the premium service in order to transfer files to/from the tablet, so I was just wondering if there's a free app you guys might be able to recommend, or if there's an easy fix to the USB situation? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

-Dieter

Yeah, that would work, it would just be nice to be able to plug it into the computer and drag and drop, I don't quite get why it's not working, when for the first 2-3 months that I had the tablet it worked without a single hiccup it's only recently that it's stopped working. My only issue with doing it via dropbox is that I have to upload the files to dropbox then download them to the tablet, with these being relatively large movie files it can be rather time consuming, so I would really like to find the root cause of the issue, I tried contacting Samsung but they honestly weren't of much help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones