• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring from one droid to another.

pengyou

Feb 17, 2011
North Dakota
I am starting to use my droid phone and tablet more often. I find more and more the need to keep notes on my phone from things I have learned/discovered on my tablet. Is there any app out there that will let me easily transfer data from one to the other via wifi or bluetooth? BT would be my preference. Ideal would be to able to select text, picts, and then gesture to the right and the info will automatically fly to my phone.

Most note taking apps (catch notes, Google keep) sync to the cloud so everything is automatically synced between multiple devices that are signed in with the same account. Catch notes will also sync photos of your choosing.

Google+ will automatically sync photos between devices too. You don't have to use ANY of the social aspects :)

Google chrome will sync all browser settings and even the web pages you currently have open between all devices (PC, iOS, and android.)

Those are the apps that I use, and no matter what device I'm using, I always have access to the same data.

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0
Thanks! The direct transfer is what I am looking for. I will check into that. I know that everyone is jumping onto "the cloud" but...I wonder if people have really stopped to understand the ramifications...the cloud is the epitome of centralized computing, or maybe distributed computing would be more accurate. He who has control of the cloud controls...a huge % of the activity in the world...maybe...kind of a pinky and the brain comment, but could use it to control the world

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones