• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring music from PC to phone (sounds easy I know...)

oneion

Lurker
Oct 12, 2012
Hello everyone and first of all can I say thank you for being here for me every time I've had a problem with my phone. You guys are wonderful and I am constantly amazed at how friendly this community is.

So I have an iMac (yes yes, leave it.) and a Samsung Galaxy s2 International and I'm having trouble syncing music onto it. What I've been doing is pulling up .mp3's on Finder (Mac equivalent to "My Computer" or something on Windows I think) and doing the ol' click-and-drag to my phone on Android File Transfer. I stash them under Phone, not the 32GB Card, in case that makes a difference.

So the problem is every time I try this with ANY .mp3, I get an error message saying "Could not copy file __________.mp3". But the thing is, a few months ago when I first got this phone, this worked. As in, I have a hundred or so songs already on my phone which I put there using the same method that's not working for me now.

Anyways, music in iTunes is stored in a format my phone can't read, .m4a I think, which I thought could be the problem except that I'm taking them directly off the hard drive in .mp3 format, which my phone should be able to read, and on top of that THIS WAS WORKING THREE MONTHS AGO.

:thinking:<-------

If anyone has any suggestions, they'd be much appreciated. I didn't have any luck searching for this in the Android Media forum, and when I searched my specific phone forum for the single word "mac" it came up with no search results :p

Thanks for reading.
-Wunyun

Edit: Forgot I am supposed to specify that my phone is the Samsung Galaxy s2 GT i9100M.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones