transferring music to device

Last Updated:

1. kylepianoman

kylepianoman New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought my captivate a few hours ago, and have been trying to figure out how I get my music on my device... I don't have an external microSD only the internal one, and I just can't figure out how to get anyone on it. Kies mode doesn't work, and mass storage doesn't see the internal. How can I put my music on? I'm sure it can't be that big of a problem...

Advertisement
  2. f1-cobra

f1-cobra Member

3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

assuming you put your device on mass storage all you would need to do is pull down the notification bar and click on the usb notification and click mount. it should then pull up on your computer if you have the drivers installed

4. mesasone

mesasone Well-Known Member

Couple things - you may need to use a USB port on the rear of your computer. A lot of users who plugged the cable into a port on the front of their computer encountered issues that were resolved by using a rear port. Not exactly why, but it must be some kind of hardware issue.

After you have the USB port sorted, make sure the phone is in mass storage mode and connect the USB cable. Pull down the notification bar and press the "USB Connected" (or something similar, I forget the exact wording. It'll be easy to figure it out) and then select "mount" in the dialog box that pops up. Should be good to go.

I wish there was a way to enable some sort of auto-mount when I connect the phone.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Drivers aren't necessary for mass storage mode. Likely all you're doing is missing the "mount" step which you perform by selecting the USB link off the notification bar on the Captivate.

An unusual extra step, but simple enough once you know to do it.