Transferring Photo'sGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Prso9

Prso9 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have transferred my photo's and video's from my Xperia S to my Xperia Z1 Compact by copying and pasting once connected via USB to my computer.

Most of the photo's are in order but there is a bunch that are not in date order and are currently sitting in the February folder. A couple of the photos's I know were taken almost 2 years ago.

Is there any way to put these photo's back into the correct order?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

The order you see files (of any type, including photos) depends on the app with which you're looking at them with. Some apps allow you to change the sort order, some don't. (And copying a lot of files in one sitting makes the last modified date of all of them the same, so sorting by modified date won't do you much good.)
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Did you edit these photos at all in February? The Gallery app may be using the Last modified flag to determine date.

You might try copying them back to the PC, using an EXIF editor to alter the timestamp to the required date, then copying back to see if they're then shown in the correct date order.
    Prso9 likes this.
  4. Prso9

Prso9 Well-Known Member

Thanks Slug, I downloaded Google Picasa and have managed to change a couple of dates so the photo's/videos fall into the correct order. Will get the rest sorted now that I know it can be done :)
    Slug likes this.