transferring pics onto new sd cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. ssinister

ssinister Member

hi ive just recently put the sd card in my s3. i have a heap of pics on my phone that i wont to put on the card. is there away i can do it from the phone rather than having to transfer files to computer then to card? thanks

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Your pics should be on the S3's strorage in folder DCIM.
    The S3 should have a file manager. Use it to find the SD card, create there a folder for the pics and move the pics to folder ... voila :)

Harry
  3. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

All photos taken with the phone, as Harry2 says are in a folder called DCIM. If you have used Bluetooth to get pictures from another device then they'll be, logically enough in a folder called Bluetooth. Other pictures could be in Downloads.

In the SGSIII's native file manager your new SD card will be called "extSDCard" under "All files" open it and make a new folder called "Pictures", now go back to "all files" and navigate to one of the folders mentioned above, for example : All files>sdcard0 (your phone's internal storage) >DCIM>Camera. From there mark all the files you wish to move by clicking the tick boxes next to each file. Then tap top right (the three lines with a little triangle) and choose move. Then extSDCard and your new Pictures folder and tap "move here" in the top right. Corner. Job done.
    javamann and Harry2 like this.
  4. ssinister

ssinister Member

thanks harry2 and dynomot. mite be a stupid question but were is the native file manager located? thanks
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I think, Samsung's stock file manager is named My Files and is located in the app drawer.

But you'd install a better file manager, ES File Explorer, free in Play Store :)

Harry
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Yeah its My Files. Its actualy pretty simple and effective :)
  7. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

might be easier to setup dropbox to automatically sync ure pictures to your pc and vice versa(you get 50gb free with the s3).
  8. javamann

javamann Well-Known Member

thanks so much for you concise and complete explanation. We beginners could certainly use more of that.

JM