• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring Pics

Hello TBeers. Anyone with beer in their user name gets my vote. Welcome to Android Forums. To get your pics from phone to PC is not too complicated. You should have a USB cable that doubles as a charge/data cable. You will need to go into your phone's settings and select "mass storage" instead of "charge" when you connect your phone to your PC. Once you have that set just connect the phone via the USB cable to your PC. Your phone will be seen as a removable disk. You can then use your computer's local file manager/browser to go to your pictures, hi-lite them, and then copy or move them to a folder of choice. Your pics are likely in a directory called DCIM. For more specific instructions for your Galaxy S you will want to check into it's discussion area. Here is a link to that area:
Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums
Have fun and thanks for using these forums.

Upvote 0
I use USB or Dropbox. I really like dropbox better. They have an app in the market place here is the link to the https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dropbox.android&hl=en and here is the link to the dropbox website Dropbox - Simplify your life just download the app on your phone and then download dropbox onto your computer and and it will make a folder just like a windows system folder and all you have to do is upload to dropbox from your phone and they show up the next time you turn on your computer. And the same if you put something in your DB on your computer you will have it in touch DO on your phone. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones