1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Transferring POP mail to new phone?Support

1. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to transfer POP mail from an old phone onto my new Rezound? (Old phone is HTC Eris). Would like to do this w/o having to forward everything to gmail, or the like. Looking for a more direct solution, if one exists.

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

When you haven't deleted the mail on your mail server (the mail which you had got) you will get them on the new mail account on the new phone.
    The mail which you had send you could forward to Gmail.

Harry
  3. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member

Mail on server is gone.

As I mentioned, I'm looking for a direct method to transfer mail stored on old phone to new one, w/o forwarding it to gmail.
  4. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

What purpose do you have for deleting the emails from the server? If you think you want to keep the message then keeping them exclusively on your phone is a bit risky. If your phone takes a dump, you can kiss those messages goodbye. I think you can backup your messages with a backup app in the market, but then you'll have to do the temporary root method to restore those messages on the Rezound.
  5. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member

Not that it should matter, but E-mails are not lost. They are also on my computer and stored on a back up drive. I do not keep mail on the server.

I keep some on my phone for reference, until I don't need them there anymore. Those are the ones I'm trying to transfer. (Again, not that it should matter to anyone except me.)

Thanks for the suggestion about the Market. I'll take a look. Which phone would have to be rooted - the old one, or new one?
  6. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Well, you'd have to probably root both to use Titanium Backup. I thought there was a default email backup system, but I can't say I'd trust the default backup apps. Do you have Outlook? You can always sync the phone to the computer that has the emails on it.