• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Transform Ultra easy Root/CWM and UnRoot/Stock Recovery

oamilcar

Android Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2012
Worcester,MA
If you are looking for an easy way to Root and install CWM recovery or to UnRoot and go back to Stock recovery to your stock Transform Ultra, then you are in the right place. Follow the instructions and nothing should go wrong...

Requirement:
Windows machine

*NOTE*
This will Root your device and Overwrite your stock recovery.

Before proceeding read Disclaimer...

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device, try this at your own risk. I have already tested it on 2 different ultra's and they turned out fine.

Instructions 1-1:

1- Download (this) file and extract it to your Desktop...

2- Turn off your phone and go into download mode by pressing and holding (1)Volume down key (2) Camera key and (3) Power key. After a few seconds you should have this screen:
DownloadMode.jpg

3- Plug in your USB cord from phone to computer or vice versa.

4- Start Odin Muti Downloader from the TransformUltraEasyRoot-Unroot (folder) make sure (Reset Time (sec)) and (Debug ONLY) are unchecked.
start.JPG

5- Click on the (OPS) button and assign the TransformUltra.ops from the TransformUltraEasyRoot-UnRoot (folder).
set ops.jpg
select ops.JPG

6- Now click (One Package) and assign the root-boot.tar withing the same folder.
set one-package.JPG
select root-boot.JPG

7- Now back to your phone, Press volume up key to continue. After Odin recognize your phone (*NOTE* your COM Port Mapping may be different) Press (start) and let Odin do its thing. Including letting the phone boot all the way. Do not unplug your phone from the computer.
click start.JPG

8-Now proceed to Intructions 1-2:to Root your device...

This will Root or UnRoot your phone, is up to you...

Instructions 1-2:

1- Make sure your phone is attached to your computer and USB debugging is checked on your phone. Now double click the Root--UnRoot (folder) then double click the Root--UnRoot.bat, press any key to continue...
home screen.JPG

2- Select option (1) to Root and install CWM (2)to UnRoot and go back to Stock recovery (3)Exit.
menu screen.JPG

3- Confirm your choice (y) to continue (n) to Exit.
root screen..JPG
rooting.JPG

4- Enjoy your Rooted/UnRooted phone...
done.JPG

Upvote 0
it says that its unrooted now, but it still has the megatron rom, i thought this would return it to stock, how do i do this? i am a newbie at this, exhusband rooted and changed the rom and the phone has had tons of issues since, no ringing with incoming calls, sd card suddenly removing itself, i thought going back to stock/unrooted might fix this, can someone advise me please? thank you very much in advance, my ex is offering no help at all

Upvote 0
it says that its unrooted now, but it still has the megatron rom, i thought this would return it to stock, how do i do this? i am a newbie at this, exhusband rooted and changed the rom and the phone has had tons of issues since, no ringing with incoming calls, sd card suddenly removing itself, i thought going back to stock/unrooted might fix this, can someone advise me please? thank you very much in advance, my ex is offering no help at all

To go back to stock try this

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=642509

{Restoration} BST/SRT Unroot back to stock

Reactions: JIWebby
Upvote 0
IF I need to send in my phone for warranty work and it is currently rooted ETC..I can use this to unroot/stock and it will be ok?

Thanks!

This will unroot and install stock recovery. this will not install a stock rom if you are in a stock rom than yes all you need is to unroot and you should be ok to send for warranty...

sry for late reply

Upvote 0
Thank goodness for this forum. I read the old one
http://androidforums.com/transform-...wm-new-clockworkmod-fixed-no-2min-reboot.html

then ran across this one. I am really bad at these phones, my old one was a dinosaur. Okay you will laugh but i didn't even know how to answer it! Kept hitting the green phone but nothing come to find out i had to swipe! learning new things.

I searched for how to save battery life. I had 73% battery. Followed this instructions on how to turn everything off and battery life went up to 97%!! that cant be write. So i turned everything back on. I will try this, maybe, still nervous only had phone for 4 days now..

Upvote 0
--Help please--

I downloaded TransformUltraEasyRoot-Unroot.
Opened Odin Multi DL v4.43 and I pull the COM address.
I selected C:\Users\owner\Desktop\TransformUltraEasyRoot-Unroot\TransformUltra.ops.

--Now here's the rub. My "One Package" button is grayed out (unclickable) so I can't assign the root-boot.tar.
Does anybody have a clue where I should start looking?
Driver - SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86 v.1.3.450.0

Upvote 0
I followed the steps 1-1 and 1-2. When Odin was finished the box above the COM port said PASS with a blue background. I then ran Root--Unroot.bat, selected (1)Root and (y)Continue. The screen then quickly flashed the red "Rooting" text and then showed the green "Done" text. I still don't seem to have root access on my device. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Upvote 0
The Root--Unroot.bat file is currently located in the TransformUltraEasyRoot/Root-Unroot folder. I have tried running it in the TransformUltraEasyRoot folder as well as the TransformUltraEasyRoot/Root-Unroot/R folder. None of these seem to work. I noticed a text document in the TransformUltraEasyRoot folder labeled as Root--Unroot. When I open this text document it reads:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Fri 03/08/2013 -- 2:17:48.74|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The system cannot find the path specified.
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Is this a possible lead as to correcting the issue I am encountering?

Upvote 0
This should work.. ;)

1. Copy \TransformUltraEasyRoot-Unroot\Root--UnRoot\adb.exe

2. Paste it \TransformUltraEasyRoot-Unroot\Root--UnRoot\R\adb.exe

3. Run \TransformUltraEasyRoot-Unroot\Root--UnRoot\Root--UnRoot.bat

I think adb.exe is in the wrong place, or should I say the batch file is calling it from the wrong directory.
Let me know if it works. :)

Reactions: stepfreek
Upvote 0
JIWebby: Thank you for the help. I ended up having to copy the "adb", "AdpWinApi.dll", and "AdpWinUsbApi.dll" to the R folder.

Thank you to JIWebby and oamilcar.

My current issue is now having SU access granted to specific apps. I imagine this is a question for another thread, but if anyone might be able to help me I would appreciate it.

Upvote 0
My Transform Ultra used to be rooted in the previous OS, so I am familiar with the Toast pop up notification that appears so you can grant root access. However this doesn't appear for any apps other than Superuser. Even in the Superuser log it shows its the only app with Allow and everything else is still Denied. I clicked to update the binary and a pop up wil say Superuser has been granted Superuser permissions, but the update will say it failed to get root access. I have tried clearing the superuser app data and uninstalling superuser updates, but nothing has worked yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones