• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transform will not boot

The phone has never been rooted or modded, recovery mode does the same thing, starts up and hangs with with Samsung logo. The phone was acting up before, very slow in response, so it was booted normally, then this happened. Sorry so vauge but there isn't much too this besides not just starting all the way up.

Upvote 0
The phone has never been rooted or modded, recovery mode does the same thing, starts up and hangs with with Samsung logo. The phone was acting up before, very slow in response, so it was booted normally, then this happened. Sorry so vauge but there isn't much too this besides not just starting all the way up.

Mmmm... Well... You want to do things a little more complex or take it to Sprint for a new phone? Ill give you easy directions on what to do if you won't want to take it to Sprint.

Upvote 0
For what ever reason it hangs on the step when downloading, and the USB device goes through the recognizing of the device and looks good, then it fails saying windows has a problem. And the step one never completes. I downloaded the driver from Samsung
and installed it but the same problem. One thing to note I have the driver from my Epic installed here too and when I installed the Transform USB driver it found the directory was already there and will install over it.

Upvote 0
OK after rebooting the PC the driver is now recognized and I got past step 1 in the SWUpgrade where you plug the USB cable in and when I click next it says the device drivers are now installed and to ? unplug the cable but the screen on the phone stays in the Downloading screen. I unplug the cable and the SWUpgrade starts all over from the beginning, like nothing really happened. When I updated my Epic I did the easy way, placed the Froyo update in the root of the SDcard then did the boot in recovery mode and it worked great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones