1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Transformer TF101 Startup ProblemGeneral

1. TeamPCBeach

TeamPCBeach Member

TF101 working fine with no problems, non-rooted. Go to use it yesterday and it is stuck on the start-up screen. ASUS logo with spinning circles below it.

I did a cold boot and selected Android, same problem.

Cold boot, selected wipe data, same problem.

Tried hard reset, Android guy shows up then changes to him on his back with an exclamation point over it.

Downloaded new firmware from ASUS, installed SD card, hard reset same as above, Android guy on his back.

Renamed firmware EP_UPDATE.zip based on another thread I read same problem.

In addition the tablet won't turn off. If I turn it off, in a few seconds it turns back on, stuck at the boot screen. Let the battery drain all the way down and it finally turned off. Plugged in power and I am back to a stuck boot screen.

Any suggestions or am I bricked? :(

Advertisement
  2. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

You might be at a point where nvflash is in your future.
  3. helpifIcan

helpifIcan Well-Known Member

Maybe you did this, the download from ASUS needs to unzipped once. This will leave a zip file that you need to put on the root of a FAT32 formated card.
  4. TeamPCBeach

TeamPCBeach Member

You may be right. I have started to research nvflash and I have a B70 transformer so it is a little more complex. I am comfortable poking around, but am not a programmer so will have to figure everything out.
  5. TeamPCBeach

TeamPCBeach Member

Yep did that, even did a clean format of the SD card to make sure it was FAT32.
  6. TeamPCBeach

TeamPCBeach Member

nvflash was the solution. Had to install wheelie since I have a B70 model, then had to install an APX driver on the PC. Downloaded the most recent firmware from Asus, upacked the BLOB, ran the batch file that came with wheelie and all is well!

Tablet booted like it was new out of box. Now just to reinstall my apps.

Thanks for the tip. Learned something new tonight. :D
  7. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, I have a B70 too and it uses SBKv1. Try it, it'll either work or not.
  8. esparks004

esparks004 Well-Known Member

I am having the same issue, can you direct me to the link you used for the process. I have downloaded the lastest firmware and i have wheelie downloaded. I have also installed APX drivers. Im just not for sure how to unpack the BLOB file and where to put it once i unpack.

EDIT: NVM, I was able to find a tool over at XDA called EASYFLASHER. It did everything for me. :)