Transitioning from BB OS

Last Updated:

1. ihav3ish0oz

ihav3ish0oz Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 17, 2010
    Like many, I've made the switch from a BlackBerry to an Android phone (HTC Droid Incredible). My reason being that BlackBerry is lagging behind the competition (multimedia experience, photo quality, processor speed, apps, internal memory, you name it). anyways, as with anyone moving from any OS to another, there are a few things I either miss, or maybe they're there and I just don't know it.

1) I fail to see the purpose of inputting people's birthdays into my contacts list if they don't automatically set up a calendar reminder like my BB did. if this feature doesn't come with the device, is there a free app that will take care of it for me?

2) when a suggestion shows up for auto-complete in a search, I'd like to input it without submitting. seems like in Google and YouTube, I can't hit an auto-complete suggestion and continue to type more.

3) Starting a new thread without deleting an old one. I have various reasons for not deleting my text messages. I'd like to be able to open up a conversation with someone without having to load all 500 previous texts with that person (I text quite a lot). If I'm not able to search for specific content within texts, it would be convenient to at least be able to scroll through them in separate threads. Either that, or a way to scroll through them by date.

4) That said, a faster way to scroll up and down. With BB, hitting 1 was the equivalent to hitting Home on a computer keyboard, and hitting 7 was End. 3 and 9 were Page Up and Page Down respectively.

5) Backup to PC. With BB, I could backup all my phone's data (note files, password vault, SMS/MMS, emails, contacts, settings, pretty much everything) onto a single file on my computer. My Incredible backs up all my contacts automatically every morning, but all the other things seem to need a third party application. As to why Android doesn't have a stock note-taking application is beyond me.

Anyways, this is all I can think of for know. I hope to get some replies soon. Be friendly because I'm really new!