Transparent Notification Bar?

Last Updated:

1. hopla

hopla Active Member

Hi all, I was looking to make my notification bar transparent so if anyone could help that would be great. Before you start saying how i should learn to search, I already have ( ) and the one post that had the file and instructions i wanted is now missing the file which sucks. I already have a transparent notification window(drag down) but not bar so please help!

2. ten2o3

ten2o3 Active Member

that would be cool, where did you get the transparent notification window?
  3. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

^^ x2
    tell us!!!
  4. bobo5884

bobo5884 Well-Known Member

Home++ has the option to hide the notification bar.

Look for a thread called post your droid screen and you will see lots of pictures of this.
  5. hopla

hopla Active Member

Yes but I dont wanna hide the notification bar I just want to make it transparent, huge difference.
  6. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

I was just wondering about this a glass look.

DroidRootHelper has a skull theme you can install so there has to be an easy way to do it. Please let me know if you find out, I would really like that.
  7. hopla

hopla Active Member

The ROM I'm running has it built in, I dont know how to do it myself :p
  8. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

go to, in the theme section for moto droid there is a glass theme, its pretty sweet. thats what im using. transparent notification bar, pull down notification menu and widgets, etc.
  9. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

Does one need to root to use the glass theme from alldroid?
  10. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

yes, you have to be rooted and have busybox installed, then get the app "metamorph" from the market, there are a lot of themes on alldroid that use metamorph so I would suggest getting it just to play around with really lol. but if you wanted to change the notification bar to transparent neway u have to be rooted
  11. gentlefury

can you please answer this. I installed Meta Morph, I run it and it says there isn't enough room in /system or busybox is not installed....neither of these statements is correct. I tried to link cp in term and it just says file already exists.
  12. gentlefury

anyone please??
  13. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

here is the fix you need.

14. gentlefury

i did that already, still get the same error

I get the error message link failed file exists when I try that

Edit, I got it, I renamed cp to cpbk then did the link and it worked.
  15. asdfgtt

asdfgtt New Member

16. root your phone download kangerade rom and the notification bar is transparent