TransProxy and TaskerSupport

Last Updated: 2011-05-10 17:04:43
  1. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I use an app from over at XDA called Transproxy, which enables me to enter an http proxy for wifi access at work.

I have also set a profile up in Tasker that opens the app when i am in close proximity of the work wifi signal so i can then turn on the transproxy settings.

I haven't been able to use tasker to set the proxy automatically for me tho!

Has anyone managed to do this or has another method that would automate this for me?

Advertisement
  2. gobiasinc

gobiasinc New Member

I'm interested in exactly this! Any progress at all Brad?
  3. eramirezus

eramirezus New Member

Hi All!

Does anyone know if there is a way to "autostart" the "Proxy" service in the "Tasker" app at bootup on the phone? I have succesfully installed the Tasker app and the TransProxy app on my Jiminy Cricket ROM on Cricket Wireless.

My phone is rooted. I am not on the $45, $55 a month Android plan (nor do I want to pay more to get it) so I have to use this app as a workaround to access Maps, MP3 Download, Redbox, and other assorted apps which require Internet access on my EVO through Cricket Wireless. I DID setup a Tasker profile so that the Transparent Proxy app starts at bootup. But when it starts up, it just shows the Transparent Proxy page and I have to press the "Off Button" to manually turn on the Proxy.

Does anyone know how to automatically start the Proxy service? Is there a way? A different program? A different profile that I need through Tasker?

I did try an alternate app, ProxyDroid, and it worked at startup but it kept crashing my phone (when I opened the program) so I had to uninstall it.