TransProxy and TaskerSupport

1. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I use an app from over at XDA called Transproxy, which enables me to enter an http proxy for wifi access at work.

I have also set a profile up in Tasker that opens the app when i am in close proximity of the work wifi signal so i can then turn on the transproxy settings.

I haven't been able to use tasker to set the proxy automatically for me tho!

Has anyone managed to do this or has another method that would automate this for me?

Advertisement
    :
  2. gobiasinc

gobiasinc New Member

I'm interested in exactly this! Any progress at all Brad?
  3. eramirezus

eramirezus New Member

Hi All!

Does anyone know if there is a way to "autostart" the "Proxy" service in the "Tasker" app at bootup on the phone? I have succesfully installed the Tasker app and the TransProxy app on my Jiminy Cricket ROM on Cricket Wireless.

My phone is rooted. I am not on the $45, $55 a month Android plan (nor do I want to pay more to get it) so I have to use this app as a workaround to access Maps, MP3 Download, Redbox, and other assorted apps which require Internet access on my EVO through Cricket Wireless. I DID setup a Tasker profile so that the Transparent Proxy app starts at bootup. But when it starts up, it just shows the Transparent Proxy page and I have to press the "Off Button" to manually turn on the Proxy.

Does anyone know how to automatically start the Proxy service? Is there a way? A different program? A different profile that I need through Tasker?

I did try an alternate app, ProxyDroid, and it worked at startup but it kept crashing my phone (when I opened the program) so I had to uninstall it.