1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

trasferring iphone contactsSupport

1. danabe

danabe New Member

guys hoW can I transter my iphone contacts to samsung note?

Advertisement
    :
  2. neo_the_one

neo_the_one Well-Known Member

Apple and google are not best friends.
    So, syncing of contacts from iphone to note is quite not possible! ;-)
  3. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Well-Known Member

Do you use a pc or a Mac?
  4. Queen6

Queen6 Well-Known Member

Nonsense, there is an option to sync your itunes contacts with Google. I moved literally thousands of contacts from my iPhone 4 to my GNote via Google, this is my business account and I had previously been Apple for several years. The whole process was seamless between Apple & Google ...

Apple support on same subject; iTunes: Syncing address book contacts with your Google contacts

dont post misleading information, it is nether helpful nor does it in any shape or form add anything positive to your credibility on any board :rolleyes:

Q-6
  5. McGilli

McGilli Well-Known Member

IT'S VERY EASY. Don't believe people who say it's not.

I did this just a few weeks ago.

Look at the link provided above for syncing your contacts to Google in iTunes.

Then when I turned on my Android phone they automatically downloaded into the phone and that was it. Done in one minute.
  6. Ceejayx

Ceejayx New Member

I used the kia software. Gave me the option to transfer my music photos and contacts and even my text messages, though some messages had funny characters in them as thrmatey were converted to a different format
  7. flmgrip

flmgrip Active Member

kies crashed on me trying to do that and i still have trouble syncing calendar...
  8. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Well-Known Member

If you use a Mac use SyncMate. It's brilliant and the free version lets you sync contacts and calendars.
  9. ducatirider

ducatirider New Member

for the usb version make sure you have the latest drivers. for the air version download the latest java. both versions work well on my pc.
  10. danabe

danabe New Member

Hi Queen6. If i use the itunes sync feature, will my iphone contacts be the baseline database? In other words, i dont want it overwritten by my google contacts and keep it intact as it is.
  11. Queen6

Queen6 Well-Known Member

I believe it will merge, as I was planning on wiping the iPhone, I was only concerned with the contacts being transferred to the Note.

You can clean up the Google contacts on line, via a Mac/PC which very much made the transition easier for me

www.google.com/contacts/
  12. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Once you have them in Outlook you can export them as a CSV file. With this file you can then import them into Google Contacts (https://www.google.com/contacts/) on your computer once they are in Google Contacts they will automatically sync with your phone.
  13. anniecleo

anniecleo Guest

I’ve recently bought Galaxy S3 (still have my trusty iPhone 4). Things like pictures, videos, music, movies, etc are stored locally, they are quite simple to move over to Android. To transfer iPhone contacts to Samsung Note, you can try programs like iPhone Contact to Samsung Transfer. This program can be used to transfer iPhone contacts over to Samsung Note.
  14. jamieellis

jamieellis New Member

Here's some tips for transferring iPhone contacts to Samsung note,
    1. Copied SIM contacts to Android phone memory
    2. Exported contacts to SD Card (on Android phone) in VCard format
    3. Transfered VCard file from SD Card to PC
    4. Created a Google Account
    5. Opened the Google Account from a browser (on PC), go to Contacts, and then uploaded VCard contacts to the Google account
    6. Configured the iPhone (using a separate Windows user account - so as to allow for importing pictures & videos through iTunes)
    7. Created a "CardDAV" account on the iPhone and synchronised all Contacts