1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Travel Itinerary App?

Last Updated:

1. geli7

geli7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know of a good app, preferably free, for planning travel (flights, hotels, etc)? I've searched in the market but haven't found much. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. TXLady

TXLady Well-Known Member

Not available yet but we all need to request that WorldMate release their product for Android. I've used this on BB in the past and it's the best travel app around. There is a free version and also a paid version with additional features.

3. ianmccully1

ianmccully1 Member

4. chiefvelo

chiefvelo Well-Known Member

Try trip it. i think the website works as well as the app.

5. ianmccully1

ianmccully1 Member

thanks for reply maybe you can help me with something else, what is the best sat navigation on the htc hero or what is everyone else using that doesnt need updates every month and no subscription.

hopefully there is something out there

thanks for all your help in advance

ian

6. Moof

Moof Member

I use TripIt.com to organise my travels on the web, and I'm glad to say it has an android app too, thoguh I can't see how to add stuff to it yet.

7. ianmccully1

ianmccully1 Member

Thanks but no thanks

I want this to be free if possible as when you supply them with a email address they then ask for credit card details on the next page

don't know about you but not everyone gets mine unless I am certain they won't take any money without asking.

As i was speaking to the bank the other day and when you give out your 16 digit number on the front of your card they can use it when they want, as the bank said to me I have gave them permission bet you didn't know that ,neither did I and the bank cant stop them once you have given over you card details.

kind Regards

Ian mccully

p.s but thanks anyway for you time and your reply

please keep posting

thought i would share that with you all.

8. Moof

Moof Member

Hmm, I'm not sure that your'e reading the screen correctly. TripIt is free to use, and they've stated that the basic stuff is free to use forever. I just followed the sign-up procedure and they do try to sell you TripIt Pro, but beyond click on "No thanks", that's all. You're not even required to enter your name or home city if you don't want to.

I've certainly not seen a credit card number request on the site.

I have been using TripIt for a year and a half, and it's always given me good results.

9. ianmccully1

ianmccully1 Member

Hi moof

Thanks for that as didnt know this but now will download tripit and give it a try thanks again for all your help.

kind regards

ian mccully

what do you all use as satnav like tomtom mobile but for android
    with no monthly subscription if possible

10. karimarie

karimarie Well-Known Member

Yeah, this. I use TripIt and I love it, and I didn't enter my CC # with their site. Just set everything up and went on my merry way.

11. TXLady

TXLady Well-Known Member

Thanks! Tripit looks very promising. It may replace WorldMate for me and has additional features that might make the Pro version worth paying for.

Edit: TBD. The web based version is great. I was able to install the Android version but cannot get it to sign in. Still working. (And yes, I'm quite sure of the username and password. Reverified them on-line to ensure I had it correct.)

12. theizz

theizz New Member

You might want to try Hour Jar: Itinerary Creator too. Its super clean and easy to use. I don't think they have a droid app, but you should be able to use the webapp from your phone.

13. tdrew

tdrew Member

Worldmate is now available for Android. Just installed it and uploaded four upcoming trips. Absolutely awesome!